Student Group Study Rooms
- Group study rooms are available on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th floors
- Most are first come first served
- Five study rooms can be reserved online
- One study room can be reserved after 5:00 pm daily and on weekends
Faculty/Staff/Graduate Student private Study Rooms
- Private study rooms are available on the 4th floor
- If not reserved, they are first come first served
- Use the online calendar to view availability or to reserve 4th floor rooms online
Video Production Suite with One Button Studio
- Albertsons Library Room 205
- Use the online calendar to view availability and to reserve the room online
Check out at 1st floor Circulation Desk
Study Room Policies
- Most group study rooms are first-come, first-served.
- Priority given to groups of 2 or more students. Individuals may be asked to vacate the room by larger groups. (Except for the private study rooms on the 4th floor.)
- Be courteous to your neighbors in adjoining rooms and outside the rooms. Keep a moderate noise level. Rooms are not soundproof.
- Students are responsible for their own belongings and items left in rooms will be placed in the library Lost and Found.
- Single-student reservations are not valid. Priority given to groups of 2 or more people, with or without reservations.
- Students with reservations must occupy the room within the first half-hour of the reservation period or the reservation is forfeited, and the room becomes open to other groups on a first-come, first-served basis for the remainder of the reservations.
- Students without reservations must vacate room when requested by students with valid reservations.
- Available on first-come, first-served basis when not reserved.
Study Areas and Services by Floor
The 1st Floor is a collaborative work environment best suited for group work. Conversation noise is expected.
- Circulation and Reserves Desk
- Reference Desk and Reference Collection
- Librarian Offices
- Computer Lab
- Quick Look-Up/Print computers and print release stations
- Magazines, New Books, and newspapers
- Individual carrels, multiple person carrels, tables, and individual seating.
- Group Study/Presentation Room 110
- Large group study room with 12 chairs and whiteboard.
- 40 inch wall mounted monitor.
- Check out VGA cables at the Circulation Desk on the 1st Floor.
The 2nd Floor, with the exception of the McCain Reading Room, is a collaborative work environment best suited for group work. Conversation noise is expected. The McCain room is a quiet study area designed for focused individual work.
- Library classrooms 203 and 201C
- Video Production Suite with One Button Studio 205
- Library Dean’s Office 215
- Library staff areas 217
- Special Collections and Archives
- Call numbers A-D
- MakerLab 201
- McCain Reading Room
- Quiet individual study tables and carrels.
The 3rd Floor is a quiet floor, best for quiet study groups and individuals preferring a quieter atmosphere. Shared study rooms are also located on this floor. Eight desktop computers are located in the north end by the windows overlooking the river.
- 302 Recorded Music Room
- 301 L, 301 K, 301 F, 301 E
- Quiet shared study rooms with 4+ chairs and whiteboard.
- 301J, 301 H, 301 G
- Smaller quiet shared study rooms with 2 chairs and no whiteboard.
- 301 C Lactation Room
- Please check out the key to the room at the Circulation Desk on the 1st Floor.
- 301 A and 301B
- Larger quiet shared study rooms with 4 chairs and whiteboard.
- Curriculum Resource Collection and Idaho Textbooks
- Media Collection and call numbers E-P
The 4th Floor is a collaborative floor, best for groups working together on projects. Most of the Library’s 31 study rooms are on this floor. Eight desktop computers are located in the north end by the windows overlooking the river.
- 402 Peer Support Zone
- 401 S, 401 R, 401 Q, 401 P
- Study rooms with 4+ chairs and whiteboard.
- 401 O, 401 N, 401 M
- Individual sized study rooms, includes 1 desk and 1 chair.
- 401 L, 401 K
- Individual sized study rooms, includes 1 desk and 1 chair. Reserved for Faculty/Staff and Graduate Students. Please pick up the key at the Circulation Desk on the 1st Floor.
- 401 A, 401 B
- Larger shared study rooms with 4 chairs and whiteboard.
- 401 C, 401 D, 401 E
- Study rooms with 4+ chairs and chalkboard.
- 401 F
- Study room with 4+ chairs and whiteboard.
- 401 H Sound Booth
- Audio/Visual Room. Reservable at this calendar – https://boisestate.libcal.com/booking/avroom