The Library exhibits materials which support the university’s mission, programs, and services. Of special interest are exhibits which promote library collections, services and programs. Most exhibits will be of this nature. Library staff are responsible for all exhibits and exhibit themes and display items are selected by library staff. Boise State University Faculty, Staff, Students, and Campus and community groups, may, however, collaborate with library staff in curating an exhibit that falls within the guidelines of this policy.
Displays and exhibits should:
- contribute positively to the library’s environment by highlighting the collections of the library
- publicize resources and services of the university
- enrich the life of the university and the community it serves
- provide a means of strengthening ties between the Library, university, and the community
- publicize the research and accomplishments of faculty, staff and students of the university.
Materials accepted for display in the library display cases or display areas must relate to the mission of the library and/or the university. The library reserves the right to approve or disapprove all requests for exhibits and displays. Final approval of all displays rests with the Dean of University Libraries.