Albertsons Library Staff Picks for December spotlight books that have been made into movies or movies that have been made into books. Ever wonder if your favorites are available in other forms of entertainment? Sometimes the variant form plays directly to the original. Sometimes the variant form is just that – a variant of the original meaning of the work.
There are a number of sites you can explore to find your favorite title.
It’s easy to find listings of books made into movies. It’s much harder to find lists of movies made into books. Do you have a great list that you’d like to share? Post them to the Albertsons Library Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/albertsonslibrary/.
Some of this month’s titles include:
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – The Original Screenplay
- Giant: Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, James Dean, Edna Ferber, and the Making of a Legendary American Film
- Fight Club
- The Woman in the Window
Every month we will be featuring new book titles related to a specific theme. If you missed November Staff Picks – Some of Our Favorites, here’s a sample of titles we ordered:
- How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Travel Cheaper, Longer, Smarter
- A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children)
- The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion: A Novel
- Storm Front
- The Sioux Chef’s Indigenous Kitchen
- Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love, and Baking Biscuits
- Book of Emma Reyes: A Memoir
- Billy Lynn’s long halftime walk
Check back here each month to find out the new theme and see sample titles. You can find new books on display just beyond the Reference Desk on the Library’s first floor.
Shelly M. Doty,
Instruction & Research Services