Episcopal Church. Diocese of Idaho.
- Records, 1867-1988.
- ca. 50 ft.
- Became diocese in 1967; previously Missionary District of Idaho.
- Finding aid available online
Records of bishops, committees, and other diocesan officers and organizations; together with convocation and convention journals, clergy files, property records, finanical records, confirmation lists, parish registers, publications, photos, and other records. Includes material relating to women's organizations, Fort Hall Indian reservation, prayer book revision (1969-1978), ordination of women, and the diocese's camp at Paradise Point, Idaho. Bishops represented prominently include Norman L. Foote, James B. Funsten, Hanford L. King, Frank A. Rhea, and Daniel S. Tuttle.
Gift of the diocese, 1989. Additions to the collection are expected.
Albertsons Library has published the parish registers for Silver City and DeLamar in book form under the title: Records of the Episcopal Church in Southwestern Idaho, 1867-1916: Silver City and DeLamar. For more information: Click here
For more information about the diocese, consult its Web page at: http://www.episcopalidaho.org